The School of Philosophy organises various events and courses for the enjoyment of students and visitors. This page lists upcoming offerings that complement the School’s Philosophy courses and bring practical philosophy to everyday living.
You can also read more about featured events in the Features section of this site.
On the Calendar
- Practical Wisdom Workshop - Epigenetics - Saturday 24 February, 2018 (details below)
- Mindfulness for Life - Wednesday 28 February, 7 March, 14 March, 21 March (refer to Features page)
- Cultural Day - Sunday 25 March, 2018 (details to follow)
- Practical Wisdom Workshop - Economic Freedom - Saturday 7 April, 2018 (details below)
- Start of Term 2, 2018 - Monday 21 May, 2018
Practical Wisdom Workshops
Practical Wisdom Workshops are offered in the belief that the timeless wisdom traditions still have relevance in today’s world and when applied produce unique initiatives. We have lined up 3 passionate presenters who have all found inspiration and conviction from studying and practicing the tenets of wisdom texts over many years. They here offer the fruits of their study which has been as much practical application as intellectual study.
The PWW format offers a forum for the participant to join in and question if required or share their experiences if desired or just to soak up the information and quietly reflect how it might apply in their lives.
The philosophies that have stood the test of time were ground breaking in their day. Come and be a part of something old yet new, individual yet universal - Be a part of the heard - not the HERD!
Current workshops are:
- Saturday, 10 February - The Philosophy of Leadership, presented by Mr Warwick Brewster.
- Saturday, 24 February - A Philosopher's Take on Genetics, presented by Associate Professor Craig Hassed.
- Saturday, 7 April - Economic Freedom, presented by Dr John Tippett and Mr Warwick Brewster
More discourse than lecture, these presentations offer you the opportunity to engage with the subject matter, question & discuss with like minded people. Join the discovery of practical wisdom and how it could be applied in daily life.
Location: All workshops will be held at the School of Philosophy. 1 Through Street, Hawthorn. (Enter through Erasmus Primary School carpark off Through Street).
Cost: All workshops $35 each
Each workshop is limited to 20 attendees.
For more information and to book, go to https://www.practicalwisdomworkshops.org/