The School of Philosophy organises various events and courses for the enjoyment of students and visitors. This page lists upcoming offerings that complement the School’s Philosophy courses and bring practical philosophy to everyday living.
You can also read more about featured events in the Features section of this site.
On the Calendar
- Practical Wisdom Workshop - How do I make Better Choices? - Saturday, 30 September, 2017 - see below
- Mindfulness for Life: science, practice and philosophy - October 3, 10, 17 and 24 - refer to Features page
- Practical Wisdom Workshop - Democracy, Plato & the Freedom Trap - Saturday, 21 October, 2017 - see below
- Cultural Day - Sunday 12th November, 2017
- Practical Wisdom Workshop - Heartfulness - Saturday, 25 November, 2017 - see below
Practical Wisdom Workshops
More discourse than lecture, these presentations offer you the opportunity to engage with the subject matter, question, and discuss with like-minded people. Join the discovery of practical wisdom and how it could be applied to daily life.
Current workshops are:
- Saturday, 30 September - How do I make Better Choices?, presented by Mr Stephen Abrahams.
- Saturday, 21 October - Democracy, Plato and the Freedom Trap, presented by Dr Craig Hassed.
- Saturday, 25 November - Heartfulness, presented by Dr Stephen McKenzie.
For more information and to register, go to https://www.practicalwisdomworkshops.org/
Each workshop is limited to 20 attendees.